3 DAYS SOUTHERN EXPERIENCE
Highlights: Tree Top Walk, Valley of the Giants, Albany, Torndirrup National Park, Stirling Range, Wave Rock, York, Emu farm, Wildflowers (seasonal)
Day 1 Perth – Albany D*
Leisurely travel to the impressive Karri forests of the Pemberton region. Courageous visitors will have the possibility to climb a spiral ladder to the platform of one of the highest fire lookout tree in the world. The Valley of the Giants, a section of forest appropriately named for its huge trees, is our next destination. Tree Top Walk offers an amazing bird’s eye view to this window of the past. Much of the plant life in this region is unique to the southwest of Western Australia. Via Denmark, we reach Albany, Western Australia’s first settlement, in the evening.
Accommodation: Comfort Inn, Albany (Economy or Standard room option)
Day 2 Albany – Hyden B/D*
A city tour of Albany and the magnificent panorama view from Mt. Clarence overlooking King George Sound, were the first settlers landed in 1826, let you realize the importance of this town to Western Australia. Afterwards we will be exploring “Natural Bridge and The Gap” in the Torndirrup National Park. The tour continues with a drive through farmland in the Stirling Range. The many different varieties of plants originating in the Stirling Range are mainly due to its insular location. This mountain range is a climatic island and the plain is typical for its dry and warm weather conditions. Late afternoon we will arrive in Hyden.
Accommodation: Wave Rock Motel, Hyden (Economy or Standard room option)
Day 3 Hyden – Perth B
After breakfast, we will visit the famous and astounding “breakers wave” the ‘Wave Rock’. There is enough time to explore and learn about the story of this unbelievable natural wonder. Afterwards we drive through the wide-stretched West Australian wheat belt to reach York at about lunchtime. A quaint short stroll in the oldest inland settlement of W.A. will take you back to the time of the first settlers. The old well-maintained and renovated houses boasting their original facades bring forth still today the atmosphere of the pioneer’s time. A visit to an Emu farm is another highlight where we learn interesting details about this astonishing native animal, one of Australia’s emblem figures. Enjoyable travel back to Perth where this tour concludes at your hotel.
Please do not bring any suitcases with you on the tour. Hand luggage for 3 days / 2 nights will be sufficient. The remaining luggage can be stored at your hotel in Perth or Fremantle.
Included Services category Economy room:
- Transport in an air-conditioned bus or 4 WD with up to a maximum of 12 people per vehicle
- Accommodation during the tour 2x in Motel, Economy room category
- German speaking tour guiding / English & French on request only
- Entrance fees to the National Parks, Tree Top Walk, Wave Rock, Emu farm
- Meals (B – Breakfast) Day 2 and Day 3
- Daily extensive coffee/tea break with also juices, biscuits, muesli-bars, nuts, salty snacks, seasonal fruit and/or vegetable, dried fruit and lots more (including gluten free products) to choose from
- Free cold non-alcoholic drinks on board
- Personal information package and comprehensive info kit in the vehicle
- 24-hour German/French/English telephone service
Included Services category Standard room:
- As above, plus
- Transfer in Perth from airport to hotel/from hotel to airport if arrival/departure is between 6am and 11pm up to 3 days directly prior or after the tour
- Accommodation during the tour 2x in Motel, Standard room category
- Meals (D – Dinner) Day 1 and Day 2
- Personal bag with comprehensive information package and useful bits and pieces for your Australian holiday
|Guaranteed departure:||Min. 2 Passengers|
|Private Charter Tour:||all you WA NT; can be booked as a private charter tour for daily departure|
|No tours on:||04.04.2015 / 26.03.2016|
|Rates valid until 31 March 2016:|
|The Southern Experience / Economy 3 Days Wave Rock, Albany & Tree Top Walk||DBL: 1,413.00 SNG: 1,551.00|
|The Southern Experience / Standard 3 Days Wave Rock, Albany & Tree Top Walk||DBL: 1,613.00 SNG: 1,845.00|